cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can some one help to elaborate benefits of insite commerce over Magento?

SOLVED

Can some one help to elaborate benefits of insite commerce over Magento?

Hi All,

Recently I come to know about a new ecommerce platform  insite commerce (A .net platform).

Has anyone worked on this platform,If yes can you please share your experiences with this platform and advantages over magento.

I had a discussion with some guy and that person was saying that future of php is uncertains as no big company is associated with it or going to acquire this.Thats why Magento is not a good option for large enterprise. But I do not agree to that person.

Is it a valid point that proprietary softwares are only good for enterprise level applications? Php is open source and having a good community of developers.

Is it a valid point by some people that there is no future or less opportunities in open source language?

Please share your feedback.

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can some one help to elaborate benefits of insite commerce over Magento?

There's a lot going on here. InsiteCommerce is specifically B2B, so direct comparison with Magento is a little tough.

"I had a discussion with some guy and that person was saying that future of php is uncertain"

Absolutely false. PHP7 is coming out this year with several sophistications and amazing benchmarks.

"...no big company is associated with [PHP] or going to [use it]"

Many enterprise organizations already make use of PHP and other open source tech - especially where Web applications are concerned. Expect this to increase given the improvements to the language and the engine.

"Thats why Magento is not a good option for large enterprise."

There are many enterprise shops running on Magento. With PHP7 and Magento 2 both in the offing, expect this number to increase. By the way, one of our favorite case studies has a Magento 1 instance pushing 100,000 orders per day.

"Is it a valid point by some people that there is no future or less opportunities in open source language?"

Not sure how to quantify "less opportunities," but PHP is consistently a top-5 Web language, and it reportedly is the server-side language for ~80% of the WWW. Add to that Linux, Apache, nginx, various DB tech... "open source wins, always." - Craig Hayman, CEO eBay Enterprise

Hope this clears things up.

-----
@benmarks, Senior Manager, Strategy & Growth

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There's a lot going on here. InsiteCommerce is specifically B2B, so direct comparison with Magento is a little tough.

"I had a discussion with some guy and that person was saying that future of php is uncertain"

Absolutely false. PHP7 is coming out this year with several sophistications and amazing benchmarks.

"...no big company is associated with [PHP] or going to [use it]"

Many enterprise organizations already make use of PHP and other open source tech - especially where Web applications are concerned. Expect this to increase given the improvements to the language and the engine.

"Thats why Magento is not a good option for large enterprise."

There are many enterprise shops running on Magento. With PHP7 and Magento 2 both in the offing, expect this number to increase. By the way, one of our favorite case studies has a Magento 1 instance pushing 100,000 orders per day.

"Is it a valid point by some people that there is no future or less opportunities in open source language?"

Not sure how to quantify "less opportunities," but PHP is consistently a top-5 Web language, and it reportedly is the server-side language for ~80% of the WWW. Add to that Linux, Apache, nginx, various DB tech... "open source wins, always." - Craig Hayman, CEO eBay Enterprise

Hope this clears things up.

-----
@benmarks, Senior Manager, Strategy & Growth

Hi @Ben Marks

I am glad to see a reply from you.

Thank you for a very good explanatory reply, it really boost my confidence again in open source technologies specially in php and Magento.

Your reply cleared a lot of confusionsSmiley Happy

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum