cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload a WebP image to WordPress without plugins?

How do I upload a WebP image to WordPress without plugins?

Adding a WebP image to WordPress without using a plugin can be tricky, as WordPress does not natively support WebP images. However, there are a few workarounds that can be used to successfully upload WebP images to WordPress. These methods involve converting the WebP image to a format through  wrap pricing calculator that WordPress supports, such as JPEG or PNG, before uploading it to the website. Additionally, there are some plugins available that can make the process of uploading WebP images to WordPress easier.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I upload a WebP image to WordPress without plugins?

Thanks for sharing this blog with us. really awesome  . Keep sharing stuff like this. Regards:Rajos

One method to add WebP images to WordPress without using a plugin is to convert the WebP image to a supported format, such as JPEG or PNG, before uploading it to WordPress. This can be done using a photo editing software or an online image converter. Once the image is converted, it can be uploaded to WordPress like any other image.

Another method is to add support for WebP images to WordPress using code. This involves adding a code snippet to the functions.php file of your WordPress theme or child theme. The code adds support for WebP images to WordPress by enabling the server to recognize and display the WebP images. This method requires some technical knowledge and should be approached with caution as it can cause compatibility issues with some browsers.

Alternatively, you can use a plugin to add support for WebP images to WordPress. There are several plugins available that can help you upload WebP images to WordPress without the need for any code or conversion. Some popular plugins include WebP Express, Imagify, and ShortPixel. These plugins allow you to upload WebP images to WordPress like any other image format, and the plugin takes care of the rest, including converting the image to a supported format for browsers that do not support WebP.

Overall, adding WebP images to WordPress can be done through a few different methods. If you are comfortable with coding, you can add support for WebP images using code. If you prefer a simpler solution, you can use a plugin or convert the WebP image to a supported format before uploading it to WordPress.

To upload a WebP image to WordPress without plugins, you can follow these steps: First, convert your image to WebP format using a reliable image converter. Next, navigate to your WordPress Media Library and click on "Add New" to upload your WebP image. If you encounter an error message that says "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons," you can bypass it by adding the following code to your theme's functions.php file or a custom plugin: "function allow_webp_upload($mime_types) { $mime_types['webp'] = 'image/webp'; return $mime_types; } add_filter('upload_mimes', 'allow_webp_upload');" This will enable WordPress to recognize and accept WebP images, allowing you to upload them without the need for plugins.