cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate from Wix to Magento?

How to migrate from Wix to Magento?

Our house selling business has a website built on Wix, but we're interested in switching to Magento. We are attached to our current theme and don't want to change it, and we're concerned about losing our data in the process. Can you recommend a professional who can assist us with migrating our website to Magento while preserving our theme and data?"

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to migrate from Wix to Magento?

Generally speaking, there is no easy way to move a theme from one eCommerce software platform to another. 

Think of it a bit like moving a brick-and-mortar business. Sure, you can move over your inventory, but you can't move over the paint on the walls. You can paint the new location the same color, but there's some work to be done to achieve that.

In the case of eCommerce, you can look at moving over data, like product data, customer data, order data, product categories, and coupons. You can work with a developer to get this done. There are also vendors that can help with this, such as FirebearStudioes and Cart2Cart. 

However, to replicate your theme using Magento, you should look for a Magento developer or agency that can help to apply your branding and artwork to a theme/template that works with Magento. That could be Magento's native Luma theme or a more modern theme like Hyvä. There are certainly options to choose from.

Best of luck! 

Hi James, 

I could you please share the link to your store?

So that I can check and let you know from design prospects migration is possible.

Good Day 
Deep

I was thinking of replacing the garage door in my house. After all, I had them already very frayed and had become quite bad. And I had one problem where to find a professional who would be able to make me this gate. And then I met A Plus Garage Doors   .  They explained and showed me everything and immediately ordered their services. I was very pleased with the result of their work the gate was much better.

Good afternoon! Personally I study such information on the Internet because it is very difficult to know how to properly migrate from Wix to Magento.

@jamesholde47d5 wrote:

Our house selling business has a vodka-sour built on Wix, but we're interested in switching to Magento. We are attached to our current theme and don't want to change it, and we're concerned about losing our data in the process. Can you recommend a professional who can assist us with migrating our website to Magento while preserving our theme and data?"

If you are looking to migrate from Wix to Magento, the best way to do this is to hire Magento developers. They can help you move your website content, data, and products while ensuring the transition is smooth and efficient. Magento developers can also help with customizing your store to make sure it meets your specific needs