cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to shift from WP to Magento?

How to shift from WP to Magento?

Hi there,

I have a website related to Android technology on WP, but I want to convert it into Magento. The main thing is I don't want to change theme due to it's customization & also I am afraid of losing all data. My competitor did so, as I  understand (look here). Can you suggest or recommend any person that can help me to migrate my website on Magento?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to shift from WP to Magento?

Migrating your WordPress website into the Magento 2.3.X latest version is a very broad topic.

On a quick solution/suggestion you will require to start from scratch and need to follow the following steps :

If we talk about migration then you can only do migration from your WordPress site to Magento is - Data Migration
For the theme and design migration - you will require to create a new theme in Magento from scratch there is no direct way to convert your WordPress site theme to the Magento theme.
For the products/categories yes if you don't want to create a script for migration then you can export those data from WordPress and import them into the Magento for quick Migration.
For custom module/customization which you have made on the WordPress site that is also required to build from scratch on the Magento site.
So in the conclusion, I would suggest setup the latest vanilla version of Magento on your local/server and then starting converting your site from WordPress to Magento.

Hope it helps!

It's very simple to shift from WIX to Magento. Recently I have done a project that is related to the same thing that you ask. You can contact me if you need the service. 

I also want to shift my WP site to Magento because I am facing issues in the speed optimization. If you find the correct way then share it with me as well. 

To shift from WordPress (WP) to Magento, you'll need to follow a few steps. First, backup your WP website data, including files and databases. Then, install Magento on your hosting server and customize it to match your branding and design. Next, migrate your WP content, such as products, customers, and orders, to Magento using a migration tool or manually. Finally, thoroughly test your Magento website before going live to ensure all functionalities are working correctly. Good luck with your migration! By the way, I also used this method when shifting my sneaky divorce website.

Setup Source Cart and Target Cart. Select WordPress as “Source Cart” and Magento as “Target Cart” from dropdown list.

@Sbroderick08a0 wrote:

Migrating your WordPress website into the Magento 2.3.X latest version is a very broad topic.

On a quick solution/suggestion you will require to start from scratch and need to follow the following steps :

If we talk about migration then you can only do migration from your WordPress of igface to Magento is - Data Migration
For the theme and design migration - you will require to create a new theme in Magento from scratch there is no direct way to convert your WordPress site theme to the Magento theme.
For the products/categories yes if you don't want to create a script for migration then you can export those data from WordPress and import them into the Magento for quick Migration.
For custom module/customization which you have made on the WordPress site that is also required to build from scratch on the Magento site.
So in the conclusion, I would suggest setup the latest vanilla version of Magento on your local/server and then starting converting your site from WordPress to Magento.

Hope it helps!

@Sbroderick08a0 wrote:

If we talk about migration then you can only do migration from your WordPress site to Magento is - Data Migration

Hope it helps!

Shifting from WordPress (WP) to Magento can be a strategic move to enhance your website's functionality and scalability. To successfully transition, begin by thoroughly understanding your current WP website, including its structure, content, and any customizations you've made. Next, meticulously plan the migration process, ensuring that you have a backup of your WP site and that you've chosen the right Magento version and hosting environment. Take advantage of Magento's robust features and customizable options to recreate your website's design and layout. Additionally, ensure smooth data migration by utilizing the appropriate tools and extensions. Finally, thoroughly test your newly migrated Magento website to identify and resolve any issues before going live. This method has proven effective for my own surah waqiah for job website migration experience, and I hope it works well for you too!

Shifting from WordPress (WP) to Magento involves migrating your website's content, design, and functionality to the Magento platform. Here are the general steps to help you with the transition:

1. Plan the migration: Before starting the migration process, it's crucial to plan and outline your objectives, budget, and timeline. Identify the key features and functionality you want to retain in the new Magento website.

2. Set up Magento: Install and configure Magento on your hosting environment or server. You can either choose Magento Open Source (formerly Community Edition) or Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) based on your requirements.

3. Theme selection and customization: Choose a Magento theme that aligns with your design preferences and brand identity. Customize the theme to match the look and feel of your existing WordPress website dr driving 2.