cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How wonderful if Magento 2 is released with Japanese localization?

How wonderful if Magento 2 is released with Japanese localization?

Hi Sherrie,

I would like to contribute to Magento expanding its customer base to Japanese cyber market.

Who is the best person I should contact?

Who am I? I am a freelance software engineer with professional experience in software localization translating products into Japanese and also enhancing them to meet Japanese requirements. I was born in Japan and worked for Sun Microsystem for 4 years and contributed to OpenOffice.org community for 8 years. Additionally, I lived in Berkeley, CA for 3 years and have visited my friends there for a few months every year since then. So I know both American culture and Japanese one very well. Those surely promise you the quality of localization.

For the first step, I have started reviewing and brushing up existing Japanese translations poorly done in the past in order to match the demanded quality for the merchants’ professional use. I have been currently working on Magento CE 1.9.1.1. In the second step, migrating the quality translations into Magento 2. Third step, translating valuable documents into Japanese with translated UI phrases.

I have a schedule flying to San Francisco next month. So we can discuss further in person.

Thanks,

Takamichi Akiyama

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How wonderful if Magento 2 is released with Japanese localization?

Hi @tora - I'll get in touch with you via PM to discuss this more. Smiley Happy

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Re: How wonderful if Magento 2 is released with Japanese localization?

Hi @sherrie,

Thank you for your considerrations! Smiley Happy