cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make magento a multivendor without marketplace extension

Make magento a multivendor without marketplace extension

Hi, I have magento 2, i am creating a marketplace with the following features can magento do it without the need of extensions:

1. Each vendor owns one category in my site. He cant add products in different categories.

2. Shipping methods and rules are controlled by me only.

3. Each vendor have his own page, using a subdomain from my website domain. I create his page via magento pages.

4. Vendor can view his orders only but he can see all customers.

5. My website contains products from all vendors, and when orders are made each vendor manages the items owned by him in the order. 

can i use default magento configuration to acheive this, using multistore for example? and a little bit of tweaking for the subdomain.?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Make magento a multivendor without marketplace extension

Hi @mohammed_dahwi1,

Yes, you can achieve this using native Magento as well, if you don't want to use any marketplace extension. In this case there will be some restictions.

1. You can achieve this using multistore setup. You can set root category for each store.

2. You can set different shipping method and payment method at website level, not on store level.

3. You can create subdomain as well.

4&5. It is also possible.

But you need advanced level permission extension to give special permissions to the vendors for the admin panel specific to website/store.

For more info:
https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/stores/websites-stores-views.html

One more thing: if you have large numbers of vendors, then i will suggest marketplace extension to use.

I hope it will help you!