cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metropol FM - The First Turkish-Speaking Radio Station in Germany

Metropol FM - The First Turkish-Speaking Radio Station in Germany

Founded in 1999, Metropol FM is the first Turkish-speaking radio station in Germany. The station broadcasts Turkish pop music and Arabesque music around the clock. It targets ''Deutschturken'', or German Turks, aged 18 to 49. The station's goal is to provide a 24-hour program to the Berlin-area, as well as to reach out to a variety of German regions. In addition, the station sends messages, traffic information, and weather to its listeners. The station has a 70 percent market share. In addition, it reaches a total of one million people in Europe.

Metropol FM is a 100% subsidiary of Media Union. It has an office in Berlin and employs 25 people. The station broadcasts news, entertainment, and weather, as well as various Turkish music genres. During Ramadan, Metropol FM sends fastengebets. It also tries to build up a more religious German-Turkish community. It is the largest advertising medium in its broadcasting area.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Metropol FM - The First Turkish-Speaking Radio Station in Germany

I listened to Metropol FM several times. Interesting content and popular music really sounds here. However, I prefer listening to music on Soundcloud. And I use real soundcloud promotion to promote my songs.