cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Magento 1 to 2 - Can anyone recommend a freelancer or company to do this?

Migrating from Magento 1 to 2 - Can anyone recommend a freelancer or company to do this?

I am currently running magento 1.9.4.5. I want to migrate to magento 2. Can anyone recommend a freelancer or company to do this without it costing a small fortune?

I am getting quotes in the region of £2000 which is way too much.

An Indian company called magecomp is advertising the service for just $348:

https://magecomp.com/magento-1-to-magento-2-migration.html

Has anyone tried the 'do it yourself' methods such as cart2cart:

https://cart2cart.net/

Any advice would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Migrating from Magento 1 to 2 - Can anyone recommend a freelancer or company to do this?

I don't personally know anyone in that price range that can migrate you from Magento 1 to Magento 2.

What services like Cart2Cart and the MageComp service you linked to typically include is data migration. 

Most sites still need a lot of other steps completed in order to migrate from M1 to M2. A hosting environment that's compatible with Magento 2 needs to be set up. You need to install Magento 2. If you need any extra features, you must install Magento 2 Extensions (in some cases, you need to buy licenses for these) or have a developer write custom code. Unless you want the base Luma theme that comes with Magento 2 looking "out of the box", you'll need to work on the theme/design too.

Ultimately, you need to test everything and point your domain to the new Magento 2 store.

Since extensions and themes don't simply migrate over through an automated process, there's typically manual development work involved. It's definitely more of a migration than an upgrade.

That being said, if you don't need any theme work, extensions installed, etc. you may be able to find a sharper price, but I was surprised you got a quote as low as £2000. Thinking about the average number of hours for a project like this, it feels like a very low hourly rate for a good Magento developer.

I know it's not exactly the information you were hoping for, but this may give you some insight into what to look out for as you look for more quotes.

Here's a quick guide that can shed more light on some of the additional steps I mentioned: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/560742/Magento%202%20Migration%20Guide.pdf

Best of luck!

Re: Migrating from Magento 1 to 2 - Can anyone recommend a freelancer or company to do this?

eMagicOne performs the migration, you can contact them fo details and estimates.

Magento 2 migration services refer to the process of upgrading an existing Magento 1 store to the latest version of Magento 2. This involves transferring data, extensions, themes, and customizations from Magento 1 to Magento 2.

The benefits of Magento 2 migration services include:

• * Improved performance
  • * Enhanced security
  • * Better user experience
  • * Easier customization
  • * Long-term support

Businesses choose to migrate to Magento 2 for several reasons, including:

• * End of support
  • * Enhanced functionality
  • * Improved performance
  • * Better user experience
  • * Increased sales

migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2 can be a complex process, involving data transfer, extension and theme migration, customization, and testing. That's where we come in. We offer Magento 2 migration services that can help you smoothly transition your store from Magento 1 to Magento 2. Our team of experts can assist you with every step of the migration process, ensuring that your store is migrated without any data loss or disruption to your business.

With our Magento 2 migration services, you can enjoy the benefits of a modern, secure, and high-performing online store, while minimizing the risks and challenges of the migration process. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you migrate your store to Magento 2.

Issue solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
we are Best Magento Service Provider for Enhanced your store functionality.