cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an opinion for inventory

Need an opinion for inventory

We use Linnworks to manage our inventory.  When you conduct an inventory do you make your site inaccessible?  Do you put out an email blast letting your customers know the site will be down for a period of time due to inventory?  OR would you just turn off the sync function allowing customers to continue to order items but the qty wouldn't be deducted from inventory until the sync is enabled again.  Personally I see potential problems with option #2, like duplicate orders or just general sync issues.  My vote is just take down the website and bring it back up when inventory is complete.  What say you?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need an opinion for inventory

Hi,

One of our client use Linnworks to manage inventory too and he don't make site offline. It's just work in realtime. Once inventory changed Linnworks make call to magento. It's depend on traffic on your site and how many channels do you use to sell products but I don't think that you should make site offline.

Thanks.

Re: Need an opinion for inventory

Good afternoon,

Could you elaborate slightly on the problem, we seem to be having issues with Linnworks/Magento integration with a high number of queries to the database causing tables to lock. Our inventory has been automatically updating and inventory downloads were also automated.

Did you find a solution?