cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The old community, gone?

Re: The old community, gone?

It's my first post on this new Magento forum...

It's a shame because there really was a wealth of information accumulated over several years in the old forum. The documentation of older versions of Magento is lost as well as discussions on extensions or tools (such as Magmi). It's all a part of the history of the Magento community that has contributed to its development which has disappeared.

For example I wrote a personal Magento documentation with many links to some old forum posts. All these references are lost.

You are shooting yourself in the foot.

No matter if many of the topics of the last site were outdated. What is important is that you could find information about mostly any topic. When I search for something I will always have a critic look at the code and will never copy/paste without understanding what I do, and every good programmer will do the same. By removing this huge amount of information, you are doing the community more harm then good.

It is a relief that at least, the sites content can be found on archive.org

I personally wrote a really useful posts that actually back in the day got me a few projects. It is useful content.

I suggest to import them all in a separate section. This way we can update and comment on them.

فروشگاه آنلاین
فروشگاه ساز کاموا سرویسی هست که میتوانید بدون نیاز به استخدام طراح، فروشگاه خود را بسازید

Hi,

Please make old forum alive. Lot of them posted thousands of solutions there.. New versions are released in short period but still many of website working in old version.. so many developers needs support through the old forum solutions. Bring back the old community topics. 

-epvicky.

This is unbelievable... Starting from scratch is a terrible idea, so much information has been lost.

I had messages from users on the old system that I no longer have access to. Does anybody by chance know haligonia?

This user provided me with valuable information on how to add canonical tags to each post on the the AW Blog free extension, and after upgrading to the latest AW blog, the custom work was overwritten. Really upset with Magento here, I hope they find a way to fix it.

for any reason, I personally did not have the chance to move my data to another place. I wrote good posts and bookmarked useful tutorials.

is it still available? if not, can be?

فروشگاه آنلاین
فروشگاه ساز کاموا سرویسی هست که میتوانید بدون نیاز به استخدام طراح، فروشگاه خود را بسازید

Hi @Hadifarnoud, we do have the database archived; however, it isn't public. That being said, if you go to https://web.archive.org/web/20140626020407/http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards you can retrieve the old content still. Hope that helps!

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical