cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why you should not move to Magento commerce cloud!

Re: Why you should not move to Magento commerce cloud!

@Shankx

The only reason for not going for the upgrade is that Magento commerce is paid while the opensource is free of cost. Otherwise, since there is always a constraint for storage memory, cloud-based services are always perfect.

So I eventually went for Magento 2 Commerce (enterprise) on-prem solution. 

Now my site has been crashing constantly for a few weeks. I've raised a ticket with Enterprise support, forget about a solution, they are not even responding to the P1 outage ticket. It's open for over 2 weeks now.

It's useless.

@Shankx If you're on-prem with Magento Commerce (as opposed to being on Magento Cloud Commerce), has your host been able to help? 

While I agree that response times for Magento Commerce support can leave a lot to be desired, it doesn't sound like Magento themselves are the cause of your site crashing. There are lots of Magento Commerce users utilizing the same code base that you are without that outcome, especially on-prem users. From what I've seen, you'd be more likely to go down on Cloud because they can't autoscale (where some on-prem hosts can), but in general, if you're on-prem, you're most likely experiencing an issue that relates to your sites specific configuration and customizations, or your host, neither of which would typically fall under Magento's support.

Hey Robert,

We spent 2 weeks with AWS Business support before we raised it with Magento. The issue is not on that front. Infact, we are working with one of Magento’s top tier partner who has confirmed this is not related to hosting.

Whatever it is, Magento is expected to help us debug the issue just like AWS Business support did.

A total no-reply for weeks is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Also by your logic, no one would ever need Magento support because that same code would be working for other clients and breaking for you. I’ve used enterprise licenses for all sorts of platforms but never experienced such behaviour ever.☺

@Shankx That additional information is extremely important. Without knowing that your host and top-tier Magento partnered agency found a bug or anomaly that you're waiting to hear back on, it would have seemed like you were going in the wrong direction.

I sincerely wish that Magento's support team was more responsive. My intent wasn't to come off suggesting that I don't think that they should do more. Perhaps I've just become used to what I've historically experienced with support. 

I'd also suggest that AWS Business support can be pretty generic, and does not necessarily specialize in Magento. You might want to seek a one-time consult from Magento AWS experts. Again, I don't know what I don't know regarding what you've already done. Just suggesting the typical best-path to success.

@Shankxplease DM me the support ticket number and I'll look into it.

This is very frustrating and very unprofessional behaviour from Magento Cloud.

I have been struggling to get issues resolved , the high priority P1 ticket is not resolved from 3 days,

every time, a different agent replies and repeats same thing with out reading what is going on with the ticket.

agents are not at all experienced and they work on their time zone only.

Very very very frustrated.. I would definitely not recommends CLOUD.