cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magento1 end of life

magento1 end of life

my question is Magento 1 end of life june 2020 ? due to covid-19 this date extend
because due to covid-19 big financial attack and now not move M1 to M2 if you extend more 2 years this M1 expiry date i think is good for all magento 1 users

3 REPLIES 3

Re: magento1 end of life

Hi @alpha_moin 

As of now there is no news about extending the Magento1 end of life. I think there may be at least one final security patch release.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Hi @alpha_moin,

I agree, but I've been in touch with members of the Adobe/Magento team, and I've been told in no uncertain terms that Adobe will not be extending the end of life of Magento 1.x.

The best option is to migrate to another platform, like Magento 2.x

For businesses that won't be able to vacate their Magento 1 site(s) before these sites reach their end of life, best practice is to take proactive steps to secure your site. That includes:

• Get patches from a vendor like Mage-One, or switch to a Magento 1 fork like OpenMage.
  • Confirm that your vendors, like your web host and your payment processor, are prepared to support you after end-of-life.
  • If you accept credit cards, pay attention to your PCI Compliance, which can be a major issue for sites running end-of-life software.

You can learn more about these topics in various episodes of The JetRails Podcast: 

https://jetrails.com/podcast/

We've tackled this topic in multiple episodes. The most recent was just released on PCI Compliance for Magento 1 End of Life users: https://soundcloud.com/robert-rand-670774195/how-magento-1-sites-can-remain . The video is available on YouTube and Facebook.

Hi @alpha_moin 

You may check this latest information by Magento How Extension Developers Can Prepare for M1 End of Life.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum