cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of new PayPal Checkout

Integration of new PayPal Checkout

Any news on the integration of the new PayPal CheckOut into Magento 2.4?

The current PayPay Plus will be deactivated end of September 2022. And the current plugin is therefore no longer supported.

Any suggestions? Anyone else with that problem?

Thanks for letting me know!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Integration of new PayPal Checkout

Hi @benjaminbo057e ,

Magento has PayPal's express checkout baked into the admin and this has been used by others in a similar situation.  

PayPal Express Checkout 

Depending on your needs, Adobe's Payment Services may be an option as well. 

Harrison

We have the same problem, our customer wants to change, but there is no information about the integration of paypal checkout in magento. Neither from paypal nor from adobe. All you get are links and phone numbers that end in nothing. We also develop Shopware and WooCommerce, both of which have the integration available and you can get information about it. Even if onboarding does not work smoothly, integration is at least possible.
We will no longer offer magento to our customers, we don't want to be constantly left standing in the rain. We really expect more from adobe!

@rechnungit8cd6 @benjaminbo057e 

Hello to you.

I found a potentially agreeable option through PayPal's Braintree offering. Please let me know if you need assistance in getting in touch with them.

Here is the Adobe dev docs detailing the integration and setup. https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/payment/braintree.html 

@hloveall 

Thank you for your suggestion. We were hoping that a change of the payment provider would not be necessary. 

@hloveall 

Thanks for your suggestions, your help is very much appreciated!

We'll give PayPal Express CheckOut a try, but I'm afraid it might not be compatible with the conditions of the german law.

To integrate the new PayPal Checkout into your website or application, follow these general steps. First, set up a PayPal Business Account if you don't already have one. This account will provide you with access to the necessary tools and APIs for integration. Next, choose the integration method that suits your needs best. PayPal offers options such as their JavaScript SDK, REST APIs, or pre-built shopping cart solutions like latest zambian music WooCommerce or Shopify. Once you've selected the method, obtain the required API credentials, including the Client ID and Secret, from your PayPal Business Account. These credentials will allow your website or application to communicate securely with PayPal's servers. Implement the necessary code or plugins based on the integration method you've chosen, following the provided documentation and guidelines.....