cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple orders on single payment

Multiple orders on single payment

Hi,

I have a store selling very low price items that would then be sent to many different locations.  Currently the way our developer has the site configured, each separate shipping address would create a new order, which would then be a new transaction on Paypal.  This would mean if a customer were to place an order to ship to 10 different locations we would process 10 different transactions which is terrible for our Paypal fees.  Surely it is possible to put multiple shipping locations into a single Paypal payment capture.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple orders on single payment

Hi @bradleo1658,

Magento supports checkout with multiple addresses for shipping. Take a look on Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Multishipping Settings.

Área de trabajo 1_012.png

Maybe that helps you.

Hi Damian,

Thank you for your reply.  We do have multishipping enabled, however, our payments are still being processed separately for each item.  For example, if there is an order for 5 of item A and $1.99 to ship to 5 different addresses, our payment captures are being posted to Paypal as five transactions of $1.99 instead of one transaction of $9.95.  Is that an error in the way our orders are being processed?

Thanks!

Hi @bradleo1658,

Well, I'm not sure. I think the easy way is to apply 1 charge and then the option to send those products to different addresses.

But I can't say if this is an error. I won't do it but maybe I'm not seeing some detail that makes sense in this case.