cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal PayfloLink Shows "declined credit card" even though PayPal approved and captured funds

Re: PayPal PayfloLink Shows "declined credit card" even though PayPal approved and capture

We've switched to Braintree for integrated CC.  Our first attempt to use Braintree for PayPal payments wasn't functioning properly so we're using PayPal express checkout from the Payments Standard method.  You'll get a warning about having two similar payment methods active, as long as Braintree PayPal is disabled shouldn't be an issue.

Not a solution, but a workaround that seems to work.

Re: PayPal PayfloLink Shows "declined credit card" even though PayPal approved and capture

I'm using Magento 2 and had this problem.  Paypal upgraded my account to Hosted Checkout Pages and I configured Paypal Payments Advanced in Magento with layout C in Paypal. Make sure you're not using test mode on magento when Paypal is in live mode (they need to match). I had this issue and Paypal was trying to post to my dev.domain.com but it couldn't access it, so magento thought the order was cancelled. since dev.domain.com was not a valid url that had been made live, Paypal could not reach it. hope this helps!

Hi.

Has anyone received an answer or support from Paypal.

I just noticed today that I too am receiving Declines on our Cart checkout, when a Debit or Credit Card is being used. But Payment goes to Paypal and is approved.

Paypal express works perfectly.

I am using Magento 1.9.1.1, SiteGround is my hosting provider (which is noticed most of us having this issue is hosted by Siteground), anyone received any support from Siteground?

Thanks

Davey

Just wanted to provide an update for all. I opened an incident with Payflow Support and they confirmed that the issue is on the Paypal Payflow end, and are finalizing the fix with the developers. My incident is linked to the developers emails and updates and will post more once i receive an update.

But for now,  if you are experiencing this issue, your customers will see a Decline Pop-up on checkout/Pay process if they select Debit/Credit card. Their Sales Order will be in a "Cancelled" Status, BUT you will get an approval and funds from Paypal.

If they use Paypal Express or pay by Paypal using their email address, all works fine.

Thats all for now...stay tuned.

Thanks for the update and details. We've been happy using Braintree for CC and PayPal express for paypal as a workaround, I suspect we'll stick with this long term.

Hello,

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem.

Thank you

I finally received an update from the developer at PayPal.

If you are going to use Debit.Credit Cards, their response is that Magento OnePage Checkout is now only supported with PayFlow Pro and not with standard paypal or Paypal Advanced (which is what I have). If I want to "fix" this issue, I have to either upgrade to Payflow Pro, or dont use Magento OnePage Checkout ( I have V 1.9.1), if you disable onepage checkout, you cant checkout!

Besides switching Debit/Credit card provider to someone other than Paypal, is there a different solution anyone has made this work??

Please, anyone???

So they only accept with PayPal ?

So using credit card is not not accepted
It should be PayPal ?
Tnx