cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Requested and configured merchant emails do not match

PayPal Requested and configured merchant emails do not match

Need some help to resolve problems with PayPal IPN processing.

We have recently changed our domain name and implemented a new SSL certificate.

Card payments made via PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution (Includes Express Checkout (that's what its called in the UK) are not being received correctly by Magento resulting in orders being given a status of "Pending Payment" even though the funds are correctly being paid to the receiving PayPal account. The PayPal IPN History shows IPNs as retrying and 

The var/log exception log shows an error of :-

PayPal Requested and configured merchant emails do not match.

PayPal support say that the problem is in the Magento IPN script:

protected function _verifyOrder()
{
// verify merchant email intended to receive notification
$merchantEmail = $this->_config->businessAccount;
if ($merchantEmail) {
$receiverEmail = $this->getRequestData('business');
if (!$receiverEmail) {
$receiverEmail = $this->getRequestData('receiver_email');
}
if (strtolower($merchantEmail) != strtolower($receiverEmail)) {
throw new Exception(
sprintf(
'Requested %s and configured %s merchant emails do not match.', $receiverEmail, $merchantEmail

I presume that incorrect email address is stored as part of my PayPal account information and the other is stored somewhere in Magento.

The addresses being compared are the "REQUESTED" email address and the email "CONFIGURED" address.

In the exception log file, the REQUESTED email address is shown as the new (correct) email address and the CONFIGURED email address is shown as the old (wrong) email address.

I have searched very thoroughly and cannot find any reference to the old email address in either the PayPal account profile OR the Magento PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution (Includes Express Checkout) configuration.

Our hosting provider has also done a search for the old email string in account public_html and can't find it anywhere ... so :-

1. I guess that the old email address has been stored in some file in the Magento configuration and that it has not been correctly erased or replaced when the new domain name and SLL certificate was installed. PayPal support have given up and said that this mist be a Magento problem.

So, my problem is WHERE is the CONFIGURED(old) email address stored ? ... and do I change it to be correct ?

All help welcome please !

2 REPLIES 2

Re: PayPal Requested and configured merchant emails do not match

After you changed the store URL, did you delete the var/cache folder entirely from an FTP program? This is different than the simple magento admin option to clear cache.

Enterprise Architect

800-207-1221
https://merchantprotocol.com

Magento Extension Developers

Re: PayPal Requested and configured merchant emails do not match

Cleaning the cache didnt solve the problem