Sometimes Stripe Never Gets Credit Card Details From Magento2
Hi, we're on Magento 2.3.4 currently. Sometimes we have clients who place an order on our website, get a order # from Magento side of things but we on the back end see the order as pending payment. Stripe is what we use to process payments and the transaction never gets to Stripe either. There's no Stripe charge ID on magento side like we would expect on successful payment.
How can we troubleshoot this on Magento side to see what causes this to happen? It's not all the time but it happens often where we need to get this resolved. Are there any error logs or server logs we can get some hints from?
Re: Sometimes Stripe Never Gets Credit Card Details From Magento2
Hi Mike, I think I can help you with this problem. There could be several reasons why orders are marked as "pending payment" on the Magento backend even though the client has received an order number. It could be due to a server configuration issue, a problem with the payment gateway (in this case, Stripe), or an error in the Magento code.
To troubleshoot this issue, there are a few steps you can take:
- Check the Magento logs: Check the Magento logs for any errors related to the payment process. You can find the logs in the var/log directory of your Magento installation.
- Check the server logs: Check the server logs for any errors related to the payment process. The location of the server logs depends on your server configuration.
- Check the Stripe logs: Check the Stripe logs to see if there are any errors related to the payment process. You can find the logs in the Dashboard of your Stripe account.
- Test the payment process: Try placing an order on your website and see if the payment goes through successfully. If it doesn't, check the logs again to see if there are any new errors.
- Contact Stripe support: If you're still having issues, contact Stripe support for assistance. They may be able to provide more insight into what's causing the problem.
Overall, the best way to troubleshoot this issue is to gather as much information as possible about what's happening when the payment process fails. By checking the logs and testing the payment process yourself, you can narrow down the cause of the problem and work towards a solution.