cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with non-functioning backorder configuration in Magento 2 ECE

Need help with non-functioning backorder configuration in Magento 2 ECE

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue with the backorder configuration in Magento 2 ECE (Elastic Cloud Edition) and would like to ask for your assistance in resolving this matter. Backorder functionality allows customers to place orders for products that are currently out of stock, so they can receive these items as soon as they become available again.

However, even after correctly configuring the backorder options in the Magento admin panel, orders are not being accepted when a product is out of stock. Instead, customers receive an error message stating that the item is unavailable for purchase.

I have checked the inventory settings, and the products are properly marked to allow backorders. Additionally, I have reviewed the shipping settings and ensured that the backorder module is enabled in Magento. However, I have not been able to identify the reason why the backorder is not functioning as intended.

I kindly request the assistance of the community in understanding what might be the issue and how I can resolve it. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or has experience with configuring backorder in Magento 2 ECE, I would greatly appreciate any guidance, suggestions, or solutions you can share.

Here are some additional details that may help in identifying the problem:

1. I am using version 2.4.6 of Magento 2 ECE.
  2. The inventory settings are correct, and the products are marked to allow backorders.
  3. I have verified that the backorder module is enabled in Magento.
  4. I do not receive any specific error, just a general message stating that the product is unavailable.

Thank you in advance for your attention, and I hope we can resolve this issue together.

Best regards,