cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento do Custom Fields on CMS pages? Or do my clients have to edit RAW HTML?

Can Magento do Custom Fields on CMS pages? Or do my clients have to edit RAW HTML?

Hi all,

I've made a few sites in Magento and clients ask for it as it's (obviously) the best e-commerce solution there is.

However, I find it lacking strongly as a CMS.  If I compare my favourite solution for building brochure sites: WordPress + ACF - it seems to logical and obvious for say creating a home page.

I put a repeater field containing image and text fields for each slide on a slider.
A text field for entering body text.

An image field for the hero image
etc etc

But in Magento it seems the solution is to create static blocks and have clients edit RAW HTML in a text editor.

Surely this is insane and I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks all!
Dan

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can Magento do Custom Fields on CMS pages? Or do my clients have to edit RAW HTML?

Hi,

Actually Magento has a lot of lacks in the CMS.. But there's extension which can help you a lot. You can find them on the marketplace or on the magento connect.

However, if your are searching a module which does almost as ACF for wordpresse (content type, custom fields, content lists...), there's this extension, available for Magento 1.x and 2.1.x : https://www.advancedcontentmanager.com/

Hope I've helped you! 

Regards,