cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling loading order of elements for better site speed. Does it makes sense?

Controlling loading order of elements for better site speed. Does it makes sense?

Guys, hi

Could you head me in right direction:

I am working on site speed optimization for a small ecommerce site.

It has 4 higher traffic pages that i am focusing on - home page and 3 main product pages (all other pages are supplementary)

The are couple inefficiencies i observed:

1. On home page(page with highest traffic) it's loading 3 google maps scripts - common.js, initMap, util.js - 250KB combined. And there is no google maps on home page, only on product pages. Should i tell developer to make them load on product pages only?

2. On product pages there is an image extensive extension - reviews extension which has lots of customer generates images. It has newest 3 reviews displayed by default, and rest (40+ on each page) are displayed by hitting [show more reviews] button. Currently the images for all reviews are loaded on initial load. But only about every 4th visitor looks for more reviews than the 1st three. Should i ask developer to customize the extension to load only 3 firstly, and the rest only if [show more reviews] is pressed?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Controlling loading order of elements for better site speed. Does it makes sense?

hi @tycoon7
It may be opinion based question here is your answer 

1. I will says removing the unnecessary js will optimize page speed. So check with developer it have no usage of homepage.

2. It is common sense if extension loading the three record then it must be loading only three record images. You must ask developer to load only three reviews image.

Thanks

Find helpful ? Consider Giving Kudos to this post.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!"
Qaisar Satti