cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Options In Layered Navigation

SOLVED

Custom Options In Layered Navigation

Hi all,

I would like to add a few custom options, how: color, size, kind etc.

I created these attributes as field text and full it out. Now, how to add? Smiley Happy

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Custom Options In Layered Navigation

Hi

I'm afriad that out of the box it has to be dropdown/multiselect to be shown in the layered navigation.

There are extensions out there that can convert them for you; or you could do it by directly editing the database.

I wouldn't advise editing the database directly unless you're comfortable with how EAV works in Magento though.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I found this here: http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/3675/filter-by-products-custom-options-or-set-diffrent-op...

I have 90% text fields Smiley Frustrated Smiley Happy)

Is there not an another way for text fields, or have I to change every item attribute to dropdown?

Hi

I'm afriad that out of the box it has to be dropdown/multiselect to be shown in the layered navigation.

There are extensions out there that can convert them for you; or you could do it by directly editing the database.

I wouldn't advise editing the database directly unless you're comfortable with how EAV works in Magento though.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Thanks, I fixed it. I am changing from field text to drop down and it will be publish on layered navigation.

One question else:

Can we add select boxes? It will be look better..

I added now colors but they are to much, I will show it as a bar, maybe 5 pieces, the others to see you have to scroll. 

How can I do this?