cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartbeat task schedule (cron syntax) - Setting = */5 * * * * (Is this correct ?)

Heartbeat task schedule (cron syntax) - Setting = */5 * * * * (Is this correct ?)

On my test site i done a test order and found the function that is supposed to tricker my cron jobs probably is not wotking. I can manually run the cron jobs and they work from the scheduler app i installed but it states for example "Last heartbeat is older than 46 minutes."

In configuration/system/cron tab everything appears to be setup as standard but is this setting correct ? see below,

Heartbeat task schedule (cron syntax) - Setting = */5 * * * *

(Is this correct ?)

This is a new indstall so i have not changed anything that i know of except i did just remane the website name, store name & store view name in manage stores so could this be stoppong something. It must have been working as i have installed m2epro and it has imported sales info etc in the past days.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Heartbeat task schedule (cron syntax) - Setting = */5 * * * * (Is this correct ?)

I have been advised there is a default cron.php file in the public_html directory that  needs to be set in my hosting (add cronjob) to use my magento cron job function to ensure it runs so hopefully that will fix it !

Re: Heartbeat task schedule (cron syntax) - Setting = */5 * * * * (Is this correct ?)

Hi @Npire1

Have you setup the cron job for the Magento from the cPanel?

If you haven't, use the guide for setting up cron for Magento:
http://magecomp.com/blog/how-to-setup-a-cron-job-in-cpanel-for-magento/

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Mine is all working now. Was set up by my web hosting guy. They had some trouble getting it to work using 5m setting. It's working now with "Heartbeat task schedule (cron syntax)" = * * * * *

This is alos the setting on the cron job that they setup using the cronjob app with my cloud hosting.