cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i edit whole order in backend ?

How can i edit whole order in backend ?

Magento Version: 2.1.9

I checked paid and free M2 extensions for edit order in the backend but they do not fulfill my client requirement.

As per my client requirement, Store Administrator can able to edit billing/shipping address, payment method, shipping method, discount coupon, order items, order notes, order status, total from backend Sales  > Order module in Magento 2.

but in Magento 2 paid extension can also not provide all above functionality.

is it possible to edit order in backend via programmatically?

If yes then please provide me reference page link.

If not then please provide me paid extension link that includes all above information.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How can i edit whole order in backend ?

Hi @yagniksphp,

Which extra features do you need?

By default you can edit the order.

Edit orderEdit order

Then you'll be asked to confirm.

Edit orderEdit order

Now you'll be able to edit all the values:

Edit orderEdit order

Edit orderEdit order

When you save the process will create a new order with the new data and will cancel the original one.

Thanks For Reply,

Yes , That i know but as per my client requirement, Store Administrator can able to update order with existing data not new one and also he can able to edit complete orders. 

Hi @yagniksphp,

Well, in that case you  won't be able to do it with Magento out-of-the-box.

I remember some 3rd-party modules con Magento1 that allows you to edit the order withpout creating a new one but I don't know for a similar solution for Magento2.

In my opinion the default behavior is a better solution.

That means we can't able to edit order in backend by programmatically, right ?

By default you won't be able to edit the whole order using the backend interface (but you can do it by code, with a custom solution or maybe some 3rd-party module)

has anyone tried to edit order using a custom code on the backend of Magento  2?

is it relevant way according to Magento 2 functionality?

Hello @yagniksphp ,

As you said you have checked all the free and paid extensions for this, I am wondering if you have checked the one from FMEextensions. Because that allows you to edit all the order details that your client is asking for i.e. billing/shipping address, payment method, shipping method, order items, order quantities, order status, stock update, etc. without canceling the order. 

If it solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".