cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upgrade to Magento 2.0 without changing URLs?

How do I upgrade to Magento 2.0 without changing URLs?

I am using Magento 1.8, I want to upgrade to Magento 2.0. Someone tells me that I can't upgrade Magento but I can migrate data from one site to another that runs on version 2.0. But I am worried that doing this may lead to URL changes. It this right? Can you give a solution? Request

Cong ty thiet ke website chuyen nghiep uy tin gia re | nhan thiet ke web ban hang online gia re chuan mobile
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do I upgrade to Magento 2.0 without changing URLs?

Hello @ngoctrinh

That's true that moving from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is not just a simple upgrade, it's more complicated as the whole architecture is changing. However, it doesn't mean you will have to change your store URL. 

Ideally, the move to Magento 2 should be carried out on a local/staging site. Once you are sure that everything set up correctly, you can roll out the changes to your live site leaving its URL unchanged.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

@Amasty wrote:

Hello @ngoctrinh

That's true that moving from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is not just a simple upgrade, it's more complicated as the whole architecture is changing. However, it doesn't mean you will have to change your store URL. 

Ideally, the move to Magento 2 should be carried out on a local/staging site. Once you are sure that everything set up correctly, you can roll out the changes to your live site leaving its URL unchanged.

Useful information to me. Thanks Amasty! 

Cong ty thiet ke website chuyen nghiep uy tin gia re | nhan thiet ke web ban hang online gia re chuan mobile

Hello @ngoctrinh

Happy to help!

You can accept my answer as a solution Smiley Happy

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

I think it's really helpful to me Smiley Happy
Thank amasty