cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing products with XML live URL and daily stock updates

SOLVED

Importing products with XML live URL and daily stock updates

Hello,

I'm from Slovenia, EU and here it's common that suppliers gives XML URL to import products to your site and to update stock daily. I know it's possible to do that in Magento but I don't know how. I spend hours looking for tutorial but I can't find anything reliable.

So I have this example XML URL -- > https://gsmservis.baze.si/temp/xml.xml

I want to import this products into Magento in a way so that stock of this products is updated daily and if suppliers adds new product, that product is imported automatically when it's time for refresh.  

Can someone please help me with instructions or if someone knows and tutorial I can follow for this.

I would really appreciate your help and I gladly return a favour in future!

Best Regards,

Dejan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Importing products with XML live URL and daily stock updates

Hello Dejan.

Magento 2 supports CSV import/export only, and you cannot use URL to file, file should be and saved locally. So you need to download file, convert it to CSV and then use for upload.

In case you are interested in extending default Magento import functionality, you can check Store Manager for Magento application. It allows to import files of different formats, including XML files, without the need to convert them before import. Moreover, with this tool you can import file using URL and set up automated upload each regular period of time you need.

The app is paid and the price starts from $249. You can try free fully-functional 14-day trial from the link in my signature to see if it fits your needs.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Importing products with XML live URL and daily stock updates

Hello Dejan.

Magento 2 supports CSV import/export only, and you cannot use URL to file, file should be and saved locally. So you need to download file, convert it to CSV and then use for upload.

In case you are interested in extending default Magento import functionality, you can check Store Manager for Magento application. It allows to import files of different formats, including XML files, without the need to convert them before import. Moreover, with this tool you can import file using URL and set up automated upload each regular period of time you need.

The app is paid and the price starts from $249. You can try free fully-functional 14-day trial from the link in my signature to see if it fits your needs.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.