cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order email messages send to prior customers too

New order email messages send to prior customers too

Hi,

We use Magento CE 1.9.1.0.

The software generates order confirmation email message to some prior customers too.

We have identified that values of the field message_id in table core_email_queue is checked against message_id of core_email_queue_recipients and generates email messages for all matching records (message_id) in

core_email_queue_recipients.

Although the field message_id of table core_email_queue is type AUTO_INCREMENT same numbers (for example: 1, 2, 3...) had been repeated. Hence, core_email_queue_recipients table get populated with wrong records.

Please help us to rectify above issue.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New order email messages send to prior customers too

How did you fix this? I'm currently facing the exacte same issue. Order emails sent to prior customers (sometimes multiple)

I had the same problem. 

It is possible that it had to do with some left-over email or recipients. I tried deleting all entries in the two aformentioned tables and it seems to have done the trick. 

Niklas

In the end, I couldn't find the solution. I wound up disabling the queue with a hack, like here: http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/46063/magento-1-9-1-email-queue-not-working-buggy-how-to-...

Anyone has a solution for this? 

I tried to tick A_I at message id also, but it says only one row can be Auto Increment, and recepient_id is already A_I. 

This bug already makes me pretty nervous... Smiley Sad

We found this exactly same problem on 1.9.2..1 and did not get noticed for a day or so and so had some very worried customers and this damaged our reputation.  Unfortunately we got hacked around the same time so thought it all related to that but once fixed we still found we had the problem.  The clue came from this posting suggesting the two tables mentioned in the blog were the cause when they get out of sync.

http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/53961/new-order-email-being-sent-twice

Anyway we truncated both tables after shutting the magento site and did some test orders and all is working perfectly now!

Will have to keep an eye on this in future but Magento not sure why this should happen?  

I am on v1.9.3 and this is still happening on occasion.

VERY annoying as I'm going broke paying for help that

has thus far been unable to fix it.