cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Saving Large Number of Attribute Option Labels in Magento

Problems Saving Large Number of Attribute Option Labels in Magento

I have a problem with saving large number of attribute option labels for color attribute in my website, In my website there are about 20 brands and each brand has about 100 product and each product has about 50 color, color attribute is very heavy and large and configurable products add to cart is very slow, I want to split color attribute options to various attributes, split color attribute options based on brands is ok or based on attribute set? do you have any idea? also I will add a lot of configurable products later. I testes a configurable product with about 60 color with a seperated color attribute and add to cart action is very fast for this product.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Problems Saving Large Number of Attribute Option Labels in Magento

If you're having issues saving the options/labels in the manage attributes section, you need to probably increase the max_input_vars in your php.ini. There is a limit of 1000 by default I believe. If you were to go through your apache logs you'd notice this is the case. 

As for separating your attributes, I would definitely recommend splitting it up based on the use case. If it's a generic color attribute, think of making a more specialized attribute like hat_color or garment_color.

Re: Problems Saving Large Number of Attribute Option Labels in Magento

If the number of attributes increases, there will be no problem? How many attributes can I have?