cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove dashes form sku for configurable and products with options.

Remove dashes form sku for configurable and products with options.

Is it possible to remove dashes form sku for configurable and products with options? So that for a shirt with options of color blue and size M the sku will be shirtbluem instead of shirt-blue-m?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Remove dashes form sku for configurable and products with options.

Hi @CreatedEntity,

Of course. By default is how Magento automatically creates the SKU but you can edit/create the value as you want.

For example, I've got this sample product.

Simple product editSimple product edit

Then I've changed the SKU

Simple product editSimple product edit

After that I've made a purchase choosing the colour varaition and you can see my order:

a

Sample orderSample order

And the product has the SKU as you want.

Sample order detailsSample order details

So, basically, Magento is just helping you creating the SKU with a pattern. You can use something different.

Hello @Damian Culotta,

Thank you for your prompt replay and clear explanation!  It is awesome that SKUs can be changed afterwards. Now I am clear how to do it for the configurable product! Would it work the same way for simple products with customizable options?

For example:

I have made a hypothetical simple product with customizable options in the admin page. Each option has it’s own SKU postfix.cutomizable-optoins-backend.png

This is how my customers will see it. All of the options are customizable options for the same simple product

simple-product-with-options-frontend.png

And this is the example of the order.

order-cutomizable-options.png

The SKU was generated properly, in the right order and with all the right values. But would it be possible to remove "-" between the different components of the SKU, so that the generated SKU would be pwo001s1p1r1 ?

Hi @CreatedEntity,

In that case you won't be able to simply change a value on the product.

The way Magento builds the SKU for product with custom options is defined at code level so we can't chnage that without applying some code override (and I didn't try how to change that so I can't provide a valid approach yet).

Thank you @Damian Culotta!