cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use text filed for configurable products

SOLVED

how to use text filed for configurable products

Hello. 

I can use Configurable product to setup almost all my products. but I also like to show most of the in Grid view . I installed Grid view extension for this reason . however, I have one big issue . Customers do tend to search my site using Catalog number . 

i can create this attribute and added to my attribute set but problem is that i have to use DROP DOWN . if i do so , i have to create same type of attribute over and over again for each of my product types. is there any way i can use Text field as part of my Configurable Products ? dose anyone knows how to tackle this issue ? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to use text filed for configurable products

it looks like , i have no choice but to create similar attributes for my products. i thought value of attributes will be stored in additional location for product detail page , but i realized thats not correct , i thought after creating my configured product i can replace values in my attribute so i can use the same attribute for other products, but that would also effect my already created product . 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: how to use text filed for configurable products

it looks like , i have no choice but to create similar attributes for my products. i thought value of attributes will be stored in additional location for product detail page , but i realized thats not correct , i thought after creating my configured product i can replace values in my attribute so i can use the same attribute for other products, but that would also effect my already created product .