cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Report: Yearly Comparison By Month

Build Report: Yearly Comparison By Month

I want to create a report that shows my sales over the last 3 to 5 years grouped by month. I'm looking to see how the current month of the year is trending compared to previous years. How would I make that in the Report Builder? Below is an example of what I'm trying to achieve.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 5.37.08 PM.png

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Build Report: Yearly Comparison By Month

"Comparing yearly data by month helps identify trends and patterns over time, offering valuable insights into performance fluctuations and seasonality."

Hi avelbatterae0a,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If I understand it right, you like to identify a time period this year and compare with similar time period last year (in other words YOY comparison).

You can try following steps:

1. Choose any metric (for ex: Orders)

2. Select suitable time filter (for ex: This Year & Month). If you want a custom range, please select Custom Moving range.

3. Navigate to Perspective (eye icon) >> Amount change vs previous year and hit Apply. In case of percentage change, choose the option below it.

1.jpg

You can play around with other options in the list based on your needs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adobe Commerce Intelligence Team

It absolutely does, and that's what I'm hoping to achieve.

This did not help me achieve what I was hoping for. It seems that with the current options available in the system, it may not be possible.

Im looking for more of a visual comparison of years like in my image above of year or year.

Hi avelbatterae0a,

This is how the ticket description looks to me. As you can see, the image is not visible. So, I had to rely on the textual description.

Nevermind, could you describe your requirement a bit more and try to re-upload the image?

2.jpg

Regards,

Hi glo11486ad4f3e,

The x axis would be the months not associated with any year, the y axis would the dollar amount scale. There would be several lines on the table that are the sales of each month for that year that the line depicts. Hopefully you can see the image that is below. If not here is the URL to it as well. 

Image of the Table 

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 5.37.08 PM.png

Hi avelbatterae0a,

I could not access the image again. However, the description helped me comprehend. Please find the below solution to your requirement.

1. Create a calculated column (ex: DK_Order Month) to extract the month from sales_order 

1.jpg2. Go to Metrics >> Orders >> Edit >> Add the newly created calculated column as a dimension >> Save

2.jpg3. Create Report >> Add Metric >> Select Orders >> Add Filter (funnel icon) >> Rename the Metric name to distinguish the year

3.jpg4. Remove the timeline from X Axis by selecting the date filter with All Time >> None (Interval) >> Save

4.jpg

5. Copy the existing metric using copy button and modify the filter condition suitably. Alternatively, you can add new metric same as above.

6. Group the metrics by selecting the newly created calculated column

5.jpg7. Click on show top/bottom next to the Group By

6.jpg

8. Your report will start showing the trend for all the 3 years

7.jpg

For more information on the given topics, please refer to our webinars and user guide

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hi glo11486ad4f3e,

Not sure, what the issue was earlier, I am able to view the image you shared only now.

It looks in line with the report we generated & shared above.

Please let us know if we can close this thread.

Regards,