cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report (column view) of New Customers and first product purchase

Weekly Report (column view) of New Customers and first product purchase

I'm hoping to create a custom report that I can pull on a weekly basis (doesn't have to be visualized) that shows for the week the number of customers that created an account, what they purchased, their address, store, and how much they spent on their first product. Does anyone happen to know what to look for (i.e. account creation date, product, sales) and then filter by the date range? I'm assuming this has to be a custom SQL and I can't just pull in 'out of the box' metrics?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Weekly Report (column view) of New Customers and first product purchase

Assuming you have MBI Pro and your store does not accept guest checkout, this should be doable with the Visual Report Builder. Depending on your comfort level with SQL, though, you may have an easier time using that approach.

With VRB, you'd start with the Registered Accounts metric or another metric on the customer_entity table that has created_at as its timestamp column. Use that to limit your dates. Then bring in the other information you want via group bys. You will need to create some new calculated columns to bring the data across to customer_entity from sales_order and sales_order_item - your OOTB setup should already include the columns you need from the store table. Make sure all the columns you need are set as groupable in the metric you use.