cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8788 Questions

Re: 8788 Questions

Its hard to help over the internet... For you to uninstall V2 you need to do same operation when you installed it but in reverse order.  I dont know how you installed it originally. And YES, V1 are not availalb efor donwlaod,you need to find it somewhere on your computer or mayber on server if it wasnt deleted.

But to instal V2 you need to do the following.

1. UNINSTA V1
2. INSTALL 3941
3. UNINSTAL 1533 (IF YOU DONT HAVE ITs OKEY, DONT DO ANYTHING)
4. INSTALL V2

Thats it.

I have tried to uninstall v1 the same way I installed it but it come up with a list of errors. And basically it cannot be removed. Some of the sites dont have 1553  listed so I cant remove that. I have tried to install 3941 but for it says its already there. So  would I just install 8788 v2?

Also when installing 3941 if it is above or below the versions listed, shall I install it, or should I just go ahead and install 8788v2? Its rather confusing. 

The other issue is I have a site with v2 on but Mage Report is saying that the site is not patched? 

Thanks

To install v1 you had to do changes, if you read the forums there were major issues with V1 and for you to install it you had to MANULLY change some data in files.

Like I said, its hard to help without seeing... If you cant revert yourself, hire a developer.

Generally speaking, DON'T install V2 on top of V1, its  NO GOOD! I assume that you say you tried Reverting V1 and giveyou list of errors... probably its INSTALLED and files were modified manually.

Mage Report shows 8788 not installed for many reasons, Magento cache, Cloudflare cache.

Thanks, So just Ignore V1 then. I will try just installing version 2 of 8788 as we have sites that dont show 1553, and I have tried to installed 3941 and its already installed. But I think going forward we will just trying installing v2 and leave 3941.

I have noticed with an old site that has 8788 v1 installed Mage Report says that it is patched.

I have reindexed the site, cleared the cache and turned off any site protection.

Hi my website is on magento version 1.9.2.4  so i only  installed  Patch  8788-v2 only but its break on .swf  files  then i upload the zip file of patch on sever unzip it  and run patch install commend. patch is installed successfully and all the change are showing on files made by this patch like :- 

/skin/adminhtml/default/default/media/flex.swf
/skin/adminhtml/default/default/media/uploader.swf
/skin/adminhtml/default/default/media/uploaderSingle.swf

above files are removed and also  following files are modified:

/js/mage/adminhtml/uploader/instance.js should contain "fustyFlowFactory"
/skin/adminhtml/default/default/boxes.css should contain "background:url(images/blank.gif) repeat;"

But my magento admin and magereport.com are still showing that Patch-8788 is not installed.  In admin a popup shows to insall patch-8788.

In magento 1.9.2.4  SUPEE-1533 is installed . i also did not installed patch-8788-v1

I did not revert  SUPEE-1533 and also not installed  SUPEE-3941 because its not available for magento version 1.9.2.4.

Please tell me the correct  way to install Patch-8788-v2 when Patch-8788-v1  is not installed for magento version 1.9.2.4.

Also tell why the Patch is not showing applied while it is installed via ssh successfully and also updated in  applied.patches.list file

Email me at :  mithname20@gmail.com

Hi,

Yeah I have done the same thing with a site we had on version 1.9.2.4 and I have just installed 8788 v2 as I tried to install 3941 and it wont allow me to run the patch and I cant remove 1553. 

But I have checked Mage Report myself and it is not showing as patched. But we done a site with 8788 v1 and it is showing as patched.

Thanks.

Hello,

I have come across another issue. I have a site on  1.9.2.1 however 1533 is installed SUPEE-1533_EE_1.12_v1.patch but I cannot find the original file. As the one available on the Magento Download is SUPEE-1533_EE_1.13.x_v1-2015-02-10-08-18-32.sh it is a completely different version. As it says REVERTED when I have ran the script. 

But then I cannot apply 3941 it just fails. So I have tried applying 8788v2 and that also fails. Is there a way I can revert 1533 another way?

I have even tried applying 8788v2 on its own, that also fails.

Thanks