cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

SOLVED

Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

Tried to install the patch and clearly something has gone wrong!   I get the Service Temporarily Unavailable screen on my site now (www.gramicsigns.co.uk) but also get it on the admin log in page so can't do anything.  The only thing I can do is access the files via FTP.

I don't even know what I did wrong but I didn't understand the instructions fully and may have just tried what I thought may work.

It's not really a biggie, it's not a busy site, it's just something I was working on and I'm happy to just start fresh to be honest but I would like to salvage the data I'd spent ages inputting for the products, graphics and theme.

Can anyone help me into either what I can do to get back my site or tell me what files I can get using FTP that I can then copy into a new install?

Thank you in advance.

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

Try seeing if the file maintenance.flag exist in your Magento root directory. 

If you see this file, remove it and the error will go away. 

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Try seeing if the file maintenance.flag exist in your Magento root directory. 

If you see this file, remove it and the error will go away. 

Thank you so much!  That's sorted it.  Lesson learned for the future.

Now, back to that patch.....

Cause:

If you see this page (along with default Magento logo and styling), the store was switched into Maintenance mode, by maintenance.flag file in root directory. Most likely  "Put store on the maintenance mode while installing/upgrading" checkbox was enabled during extension installation in Magento Connect Manager:

When this option is checked, maintenance.flag file is created in the root directory of your store and store switched on the Maintenance mode.

Another possibility to trigger Maintenance mode was to enable Put store on the maintenance mode while backup creation option when scheduling new backup:

Resolution:

To turn the maintenance mode off you need to delete the maintenance.flag file via FTP or Filemanager:

Obrigado estava com o mesmo erro. Luiz Neto  - São Paulo  - Brasil

Thanks Dude its working

Thank you, it´s working!

Please help me.

Guide me how did you do to solve this problem.

I upgrade a security patch for my site: http://1buy.vn but I do everything, it still said that: 503 error.

Help please !

Unable to apply rules. Invalid website code requested: Array

When i am trying to aply catalog price rules it showing error "Unable to apply rules invalid website code requested" Array

Wonderful, helped me too. Any free responsive slider.