cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSSOR Layer Slider not accessible in admin after security patches updates

SOLVED

JSSOR Layer Slider not accessible in admin after security patches updates

Hi

I have JSSOR Layerslider on a clients website and all was fine until a couple of weeks ago when we installed a load of security patches. 

Since then we are not able to access Layer Slider in Admin. It directs to a 404 error page.

I found this in the system.log:
2018-02-08T22:44:48+00:00 DEBUG (7): Security problem: layerslider/layerslider has not been whitelisted.
2018-02-08T22:45:00+00:00 DEBUG (7): Security problem: layerslider/layerslider has not been whitelisted.

However it is listed in System > Permissions > Blocks. I deleted it, recreated it and flushed the cache but still the link doesn't work.
Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JSSOR Layer Slider not accessible in admin after security patches updates

I got one reply from the developers asking for admin login details which I sent but nothing after that do I deleted tghe login I created for them and used Easyslider instread which I already had instralled with the theme I used.

Gary

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @garynb,

You'll need to add your block to the whitelist.

Follow these steps:

Go to: System -> Permissions -> Blocks

Área de trabajo 1_004.png

You'll see the list of whitelisted blocks.

Now you can add a new block to the list.

Área de trabajo 1_005.png

Add the name (in your case layerslider/layerslider) and allow it.

Área de trabajo 1_006.png

Then you should be able to see the block.

Thanks for your reply Damian

I did say further down in my post that layerslider/layerslider is listed in Permissions>Blocks and that I tried deleting and creating it again but still no luck.

(Second post today i've misread... it seems I need vacations)

I guess I know which patches you've applied. Can you check if the module version is compatible with those patches? Maybe you'll need to upgrade that module? (That's happened with a lot of modules in the past)

Also, how are you adding the slider? (I mean, calling a blog into a phtml, as a variable or a widget into the cms, etc, etc)

I know what you mean about needing a vacation.

I'm adding the slider by a block in the home page {{block type="layerslider/layerslider" name="layerslider" template="layerslider/layerslider.phtml"}}

The slider is displaying fine on the front end. It's just in Admin I'm having the problem.

I sent an email a couple of days ago to Vsourz who I think are the developers but have not received a reply. I also just looked at the download version they are offering and it is the same as is already installed. I get the feeling that this is not very well supported

I got one reply from the developers asking for admin login details which I sent but nothing after that do I deleted tghe login I created for them and used Easyslider instread which I already had instralled with the theme I used.

Gary