cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize Magento website performance?

How to optimize Magento website performance?

Hello everyone,

I recently launched my Magento website hunting monitor and I am facing some performance issues, especially in terms of website speed. I have tried a few things like optimizing images and enabling caching, but I am still not satisfied with the performance.

I would love to hear from the community about their experiences with optimizing Magento websites. What are some tips and tricks that you have used to improve website speed and performance? Are there any particular extensions or tools that you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to optimize Magento website performance?

Hey, 

I have also experienced low-speed issues with my website and have tried multiple tips and tricks but they all are temporary and have some limit to how much they can increase speed. I go straight. I suggest you a tool that I am currently using and getting satisfactory results.

I recommend using Website Speedy Tool which can instantly help you improve your Magento website's performance. 

Website Speedy is a comprehensive tool that optimizes images and videos and minifies CSS and JavaScript on just a one click. Just apply code and let the tool works for you. Go and check out yourself.

There are certain ways through which we can optimize Magento Website performance, try following.

-Enable Magento caching.

-Use a Content Delivery Network.

-Optimize Images.

-Minify CSS and JavaScript.

-Disable unwanted Extensions.

Normally Speed issues occur due to image size, implement web images instead of jpg images. Still, if you find any challenges during the use of your Magento Website, you can reach out to us to optimize your Magento Website from our dedicated and proficient developer.

If the issue is solved, Click Kudos & Accept as a Solution

@kahemay5107b48 , Performance optimization is a process where you need to check everything from Theme to code and server maintenance and support! 

To improve overall Magento website performance, below is the checklist you can follow:

1. Enable Caching: Enable the various caching options available in the Magento admin panel, such as Full Page Cache, Block Cache, and JavaScript/CSS minification. This will reduce the load on your server and improve page load times.

2. Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN): Implementing a CDN can distribute your website's static content across multiple servers globally, reducing latency and improving load times for visitors from different geographic locations. Configure your Magento store to utilize a CDN for media files, CSS, JavaScript, and other static assets.

3. Optimize Images: Large image files can slow down your website. Optimize your images by compressing them without compromising quality. You can use image optimization tools or Magento extensions to automate this process.

4. Minify CSS and Javascript: Reduce the size of your CSS and JavaScript files by removing unnecessary spaces, comments, and line breaks. Minification can be done manually or with the help of tools and extensions.

5. Merge CSS and JavaScript Files: Reduce the number of HTTP requests by merging multiple CSS and JavaScript files into single files. This can be done through the Magento admin panel or by using extensions.

6. Enable Flat Catalog: Enabling the Flat Catalog feature in Magento can improve the performance of category and product listing pages. It reduces the number of database queries by storing product data in a single table.

7. Optimize Database: Regularly optimize your Magento database by cleaning up unnecessary data, reindexing, and optimizing database tables. Magento provides options in the admin panel to manage and optimize the database.

8. Enable Compilation: Magento's Compilation feature combines all the necessary PHP files into a single included path, which can improve the performance of your website. Enable Compilation in the Magento admin panel, and recompile after making any changes to your store.

9. Use a Fast and Reliable Hosting Provider: Choose a hosting provider that specializes in Magento hosting and offers optimized server configurations for better performance. Ensure your hosting environment meets the system requirements for running Magento smoothly.

10. Keep Magento Up to Date: Regularly update your Magento installation, themes, and extensions to the latest versions. Updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes, which can enhance the speed and stability of your website.

11. Monitor Performance: Utilize performance monitoring tools to track and analyze the performance of your Magento website. Identify bottlenecks, slow-loading pages, or any issues affecting performance, and take appropriate measures to address them.

These are the steps you need to take care of while optimizing your Magento store's Performance for better speed. Also, We suggest using a custom theme for the Magento store due to "unused bloated code" on every page makes the site heavy and hinders speed.

If this is the suitable answer, mark it as a solution and if you need further help on the code level, let me know. 

Found the above suggestion helpful, hit the "Kudos" & Accept as Solution!

Thank you,
Rohan D.
Free & Premium Magento 2 Extensions

There are various methods to optimize your website, some of the tips that will help in optimizing speed in Magento website:

• Use a reliable Managed Magento hosting service that meets Magento's system requirements for PHP version, MySQL, etc. This ensures you have a solid foundation.
  • Keep your Magento upgraded. Newer versions contain speed enhancements and security fixes.
  • Use Redis or Memcached for caching. This improves database query performance.
  • Evaluate any third-party extensions you have installed. Disable or remove ones that slow down your site.
  • Compress and resize product images properly. Large uncompressed images drastically slow down load times.
  • Minify CSS, JavaScript, and HTML output through built-in or extension tools. This streamlines files sizes.
  • Use Elasticsearch for catalog search. MySQL search can become slow with large catalogs. Elasticsearch delivers instant results.
  • Use a CDN to cache static assets. This distributes assets globally for faster delivery.