cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practices followed in creating partial invoice for partial shipments

Practices followed in creating partial invoice for partial shipments

Hi 

I have question on best used practiced in Magento in case of partially charging the customer for partial delivery.

Scenario:

1. A customer places an order in Magento with two items and it is charged using number of item table vs destination shipping table. When i create invoice in Magento with only one item which i fulfilled I see that complete shipping cost is getting charged along with that delivered item amount. 

Ex: Order ( item A $10, Item B $20) + shipping cost $5. When i ship Item A only and invoice i see the Magento creates invoice for good practice?

I am little more confused when refund comes into picture. At this point I am distribute for an Manufacture who stopped producing Item B and as authorization on card expires he will be only receiving Item B price $20. Shipment was charged for shipping both the item but since now it is charging full. I feel I need to calculate the refund amount for not shipping item B and create credit memo and refund it. This is little painful process, is there any alternative approach or better way to use Magento2 system for my use case?

thank you in advance.