cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal server error in Payment Methods tab

Re: 500 Internal server error in Payment Methods tab

This is a fresh Magento install.  I have added no extensions at all.  I don't understand why I can't view the Payment Methods.

How did you install Magento?

The only reason I ask is because XPayments (the error you mentioned earlier) - at least as far as I am aware.. is not included in Magento by default.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

I used the included installer and just followed the steps.

What does this mean:

[Wed Sep 02 12:29:23.989575 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 912216] [client 108.60.22.169:54134] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/nemco10051/public_html/magento/app/etc/local.xml

This is a recurring error that I keep getting in my apache error log every time I try to access the Payment Methods tab.

That 'error' is normal. Its basically Magento checking that the local.xml isn't accessible to the world.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Ok.  I'm going to contact DotEasy today. They are my hosting provider. See if the problem might be on their end.

Fixed my problem. My hosting provider adjusted something on their end and fixed it. Thank you for your help!

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I just wanted to add my own experiences of a very similar issue with the Payment Methods returning a 500 internal server error.

The problems started after we changed the primary domain on our hosting package. I spent several days banging my head trying to sort out the issue. I was at the point of giving up, so I decided to fix a seemingly unrelated issue with the emails to the new domain bouncing. Despite the email setup and MX servers being correctly set, the route in the email server cluster for the new domain was not correctly set. I fixed that so emails started to work for the new domain.

I then went back to the Payment Methods problem, and it had miraculously fixed. I have no idea how, but all I can guess is that somehow the email domain for the host is checked and if it encounters an error, you get an internal server error in Magento.

Thought It's a problem for enabling the Mod_security for the domain. contact with hosting provider to solve this issue. 

Same problem i have

should i delete the local.xml file?