cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API key

API key

I am trying to connect Stripe to my website so that I can accept credit card payments there. When I copy and paste the secret API key into the Magento Admin panel (backdoor for my website) and then save the change, it automatically changes thus making it so that it is not properly entered. Because the text is blocked, I'm not sure what the key is changing to but it is definitely not the same because it is significantly shorter. I contacted customer support for Stripe and they said that everything looked fine on there end after I discussed the situation with them. I also tried to contact Magento's customer support but that was a joke, so I'm hoping someone can help me understand what is going on and how to fix it. I've tried doing it several different browsers and manually typing it in (instead of copying and pasting) and neither seemed to make any difference. Also, I'm not sure which version of Magento I am using because I don't know where to find that information.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: API key

Hi @pennyh0459,

Due to security purpose, magento always encode your all secure keys.

Suppose if you have entered key like pk_test_7Oza268Ytnb1MvNaoAAqn2HO than it will save same key in database in encoded format so that no one can see it.

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution"

Re: API key

I get that but that is beside the point. Magento is actually changing the key between my inputting it and saving the changes. Whether or not I can see exactly what it says, I still have the problem that I can't get stripe and magento to connect properly because the key is not right.