cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit or save existing product

Can't edit or save existing product

I'm trying to make changes to an existing product, such as adding images. I'm able to upload the image without error, and when I press "Save" it looks like it saves properly, but there is not green "success" indicator. When I re-open the product the image is not there. I tried changing the description and it doesn't save either. It seems that something is preventing me from editing an existing product in any way.

Here is what the system.log shows:

cPanel X

2015-09-18T15:39:01+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given  in /home/username/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 507
2015-09-18T15:39:01+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given  in /home/username/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 507
2015-09-18T15:39:01+00:00 ERR (3): Recoverable Error: Argument 1 passed to Varien_Object::addData() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/username/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 513 and defined  in /home/username/public_html/includes/src/__default.php on line 1019
2015-09-18T15:39:01+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()  in /home/username/public_html/includes/src/__default.php on line 1021
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't edit or save existing product

What is the code you are using to add the images to the product?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

I'm just going to the Admin Panel (backend), then Catalog > Manage Products > [Select Product] > Images.

Really it's not limited to just images... it's any edit made to the product can't be saved. I click the Save button, its twirls for a second... but no green success notice and no change to the product when I pull it up again.

Hi,

This is obviously not normal behaviour in Magento...

I would suggest that its going to be related to some extension you have installed; and would suggest that you setup a development site and disabled all extensions ; then test it.. hopefully it will work at this point. If so; re-enable them one by one and keep testing until you find your problem extension.

If it's not an extension; then you'll have to get your hands dirty (or hire someone too) by stepping through the core code (start in the ProductController) and checking what is going on.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner