cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Issues, not working with new magento site.

Database Issues, not working with new magento site.

I hope someone can help me. My database had an error with the domain name it was pointing to,, so I created a new database with the corrected data.  I then installed a fresh copy of magento 1.9.3.1 pointing to that database.  However after installation I have no information showing in my new site.  There is 800mb of data in the database so the information is there, but it is not showing up on my website. 

Can anyone please help with this problem?

Thank you in advance, 

Steven

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Database Issues, not working with new magento site.

We need more details about the problem. This includes the error messages that you were facing and what is the current problem. 

Hi @sssteven4

Could you please re-check the size of both the databases and also see if both the DB instances have same number of tables. Also try to purge caches

Let me know if it helps.

Let me know if it helps. You can raise a KUDOS if its really worth for you. Also if it solves your problem then please mark as SOLUTION.

Thank you for your reply.  I am not getting any error messages, the new version of magento just doesn't have any of my data show up anywhere. I do not know what the issue is, but I would hope some or all of the information that is in the database would show up in magento.

The database is definitely 800mb, and all of the data is in the lines in it.

I have set up the magento install correctly, but it didn't seem to help.   My main question I guess is, what information should the database restore to a new install of magento?

Thank you for your help.

Steven

Thank you for your reply,  the database is definitely 800mb, I searched it to see that it was the same as before only with corrected data.

I do not know what information the database adds to a new magento install, so I don't know what I am hoping to restore, do you know if the database should put all the addons that were installed back in the program?  Also I had about 50 items for sale so are they supposed to show up also?  I haven't recreated anything in magento and I do not know if that will affect the database putting the information back.

I am not a programmer, I am an amateur at this so any help is grateful.

Thank you,

Steven

Can you explain on what do you mean by "corrected data"? What went wrong and what did you do to "correct" it? 

A database restore only will not restore all the files as you will still need some of the extension's files for it to function. 

Did you try logging into Magento Admin and see if the products and other data are there?