cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox auto clears text area in some admin fields (magento 1.9)

Firefox auto clears text area in some admin fields (magento 1.9)

Firefox will always clear the data out of some form fields in the admin area when the page first loads. The text will show up for a split second, then *poof*. If anything on that page is saved it will then blank that field out for good.

Example: System > Configuration > General > Design > Miscellaneous Scripts text area will all get cleared out when the page first loads up.

After patching for SUPEE 10266 I noticed it started doing it on some product description fields as well.

Chrome does not exhibit this behavior leading me to believe it is some kind of setting in firefox that is causing this. Has anyone else seen this happen?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Firefox auto clears text area in some admin fields (magento 1.9)

Not heard of anything like this before. Do you have any Firefox extensions installed that could be causing this?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Re: Firefox auto clears text area in some admin fields (magento 1.9)

None, The only one I had was Grease Monkey, but it does it even when that one was disabled.

I have since downloaded Firefox Developer Edition and it (like chrome) does not exhibit this behavior either. I think I will just stick with the dev edition anyway now that firebug has stopped development.