cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of configurable products with associated simple products - does not work

Import of configurable products with associated simple products - does not work

I've spent countless hours trying to import a configurable product and their associated variants with literally no luck. When I was finally able to 'hack' getting the products created in M2, they didn't show up until I re-saved them. Once they showed up on the site, the product attributes were completely out of order. 

Someone please help.... 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Import of configurable products with associated simple products - does not work

Please show your csv file which you are trying to import product with just few rows.

or Check the links download CSV file and verify,

https://www.rakeshjesadiya.com/how-to-import-configurable-product-in-magento-2-using-csv/

Thanks.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Re: Import of configurable products with associated simple products - does not work

Sure,

Below are a few rows from the csv file. The way I was able to make it work was to break out the configurable_variations field into separate insert/update rows but I shouldn't have to do that. I should be able to have all three varients in the single field value (as shown below). Once I'm able to import, the configurable_variation_labels do not import in the sequence I need them to. Sequence should be 1) Department, 2) Size, and 3) Color. 

Thanks for your insight.

ps - I've even tried making the multi-field separator a pipe w/no luck whatsoever. 

sku,attribute_set_code,product_type,categories,product_websites,name,weight,product_online,tax_class_name,visibility,price,display_product_options_in,gift_message_available,page_layout,additional_attributes,qty,out_of_stock_qty,use_config_min_qty,is_qty_decimal,allow_backorders,use_config_backorders,min_cart_qty,use_config_min_sale_qty,max_cart_qty,use_config_max_sale_qty,is_in_stock,notify_on_stock_below,use_config_notify_stock_qty,manage_stock,use_config_manage_stock,use_config_qty_increments,qty_increments,use_config_enable_qty_inc,enable_qty_increments,is_decimal_divided,website_id,configurable_variations,configurable_variation_labels
ERSB057-04J-Black-4,Default,simple,"Default Category/Brands & Characters,Default Category/Kids,Default Category/Kids/Boys,Default Category/Brands & Characters/Angry Birds",base,"Angry Birds - ""Get Angry""-Boys-4-Black",0.2,1,0,Not Visible Individually,12,Block after Info Column,No,,"color=Black,department=Boys,featured_product=No,new=Yes,product_size=4,sale=No",15,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,10000,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,,
ERSB057-04J-Black-5/6,Default,simple,"Default Category/Brands & Characters,Default Category/Kids,Default Category/Kids/Boys,Default Category/Brands & Characters/Angry Birds",base,"Angry Birds - ""Get Angry""-Boys-5/6-Black",0.2,1,0,Not Visible Individually,12,Block after Info Column,No,,"color=Black,department=Boys,featured_product=No,new=Yes,product_size=5/6,sale=No",15,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,10000,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,,
ERSB057-04J-Black-7,Default,simple,"Default Category/Brands & Characters,Default Category/Kids,Default Category/Kids/Boys,Default Category/Brands & Characters/Angry Birds",base,"Angry Birds - ""Get Angry""-Boys-7-Black",0.2,1,0,Not Visible Individually,12,Block after Info Column,No,,"color=Black,department=Boys,featured_product=No,new=Yes,product_size=7,sale=No",15,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,10000,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,,
ERSB057,Default,configurable,"Default Category/Brands & Characters,Default Category/Kids,Default Category/Kids/Boys,Default Category/Brands & Characters/Angry Birds",base,"Angry Birds - ""Get Angry""",0.2,1,0,"Catalog, Search",12,Product Info Column,Use config,1 column,"featured_product=No,mgs_brand=Angry Birds,new=Yes,sale=No",0,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,10000,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,"sku=ERSB057-04J-Black-4,color=Black,product_size=4,department=Boys|sku=ERSB057-04J-Black-5/6,department=Boys,product_size=5/6,color=Black|sku=ERSB057-04J-Black-7,department=Boys,product_size=7,color=Black","color=Color,product_size=Size,department=Department"