cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing with standard magento importer giving me duplicate SKU error with no duplicate SKU

Importing with standard magento importer giving me duplicate SKU error with no duplicate SKU

For some reason, Magento is telling me that all of the new SKUs on my parts import are duplicate SKUs. I have triple checked to make sure that no duplicates actually exist in the system. Anyone else seen this error or no what could cause it?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Importing with standard magento importer giving me duplicate SKU error with no duplicate SKU

Hi @Derpenstein,

How are you running the import? Are you using the Import/Export or the Dataflow?

Re: Importing with standard magento importer giving me duplicate SKU error with no duplicate SKU

I am using Import/Export - Import, Entity Type Products, Append Complex Data

Hi @Derpenstein,

IN that case I guess you're uploading a product that you already have into the catalog.

Maybe you can try with:

Área de trabajo 1_003.png

Also this issue might happen if your file has not been parsed properly. In error message you need to have indicated the lines with problems, so you can open the file via OpenOffice and check the line. If in error it reports that you have issue starting from the first line, then try also re-saving file with UTF-8 format without bom and import again.

Also make sure that you have file formatted according to Magento rules. Here is the useful article on correct data format for M1 import.

The errors do not start until line 59,994 so I don't think it's a format issue but thank you.

Also when I use the find tool in the csv I am unable to find duplicate values and I am using an export from the same site and have added the new parts to it