cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to export Magento installed on Microsoft Azure?

Is it possible to export Magento installed on Microsoft Azure?

Hello!

I've got a task to export a magento site installed on Microsoft Azure to a new magento VPS installed on ubuntu. Is it possible?
Is there a guide somewhere on how to do it that i haven't found yet?

I have tried to copy the whole VPS and export it to another VPS server, but it's traces from the Azure installation everywhere that's making it hard to change the settings to work correctly. Is there a way to bypass that and how in that case?

Thank you in advance ,
Oskar

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is it possible to export Magento installed on Microsoft Azure?

Is the question about Magento 2?

I realize you were asking about 1.9, but in case others come here, Magento 2 does not care whether it is Azure or not. I have certainly run Magento on Ubuntu - you just need to get the right set of Apache, PHP, etc compiled up for whatever variant of Linux you have. So it is more a question of what applications/utilities are available, not which exact Linux version (unless crazy old), and not which hosting provider.

all you have to do just rsync files directly to your new server and dump/import mysql databse

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Hello!

Thank you for your replys!

Here is an exampel from a local.xml file on the Azure machine were trying to export:

<cache>

<backend>Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis</backend>

<backend_options>

<server>*.redis.cache.windows.net</server> <!-- or absolute path to unix socket for better performance -->

<port>6379</port>

<database>0</database>

<password>0ZvubNbuJv3rA0xHy5xDo+GkdEO2QrY89hQYWwU+Dpw=</password>

<force_standalone>0</force_standalone>  <!-- 0 for phpredis, 1 for standalone PHP -->

<connect_retries>3</connect_retries>    <!-- Reduces errors due to random connection failures -->

<automatic_cleaning_factor>0</automatic_cleaning_factor> <!-- Disabled by default -->

<compress_data>1</compress_data>  <!-- 0-9 for compression level, recommended: 0 or 1 -->

<compress_tags>1</compress_tags>  <!-- 0-9 for compression level, recommended: 0 or 1 -->

<compress_threshold>20480</compress_threshold>  <!-- Strings below this size will not be compressed -->

<compression_lib>gzip</compression_lib> <!-- Supports gzip, lzf and snappy -->

<persistent>1</persistent> <!-- persistence value, 0: not in use, > 0 used as persistence ID -->

</backend_options>

</cache>

Do we need to change redis.cache.windows.net to something else? Because the machine is still trying to access the Azure enviroment that we've moved it from and it's traces from Azure/Windows everywhere. .

Is there no one who have tried this before and have some tips or even found a guide for this?