cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Contact Form: Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later

Magento Contact Form: Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later

Magento ver. 1.9.3.7

When visitors to our website try to fill in our contact form on our contact page, they are sent to /contact/index, and receive the error Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later.

At Magento Configuration, I see: enter image description here

If I change Enable to Yes, I see a different form, which doesn't work.

I can't change it back to No now - it is stuck on Yes.

Web hosting support say:

No errors are being generated and saved to server logs. I can see that any issue that exists occurs in the contact form application itself, as the mail server never receives any request to send email from it.

Access logs showing contact form usage: 185.93.231.8 - - [27/Nov/2017:09:42:39 +1100] "POST /contacts/index/post/ HTTP/1.1" 302 606 "http://example.com/contacts/index/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36"

I'd really appreciate some suggestions on how to troubleshoot this.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento Contact Form: Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later

This does look like an application error so not something for your host.

The contact us configuration form appears to be from some extension. It sounds like there's a bug in that extension. 

It shouldn't be that extension that's breaking the default page though.  Have you checked the magento error logs in var/log/ to see if there's anything about the "unable to submit request" error.  Otherwise, I'd make some changes to the ContactsController to see if you can find where it's erroring.  Is your Magento site sending emails correctly otherwise?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Re: Magento Contact Form: Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer.

We don't have any custom or 3rd party contact form extension installed.

The log displays the error:

exception 'Exception' with message 'This letter cannot be sent.' in /.../code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php:374
Stack trace:
#0 /.../code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php(509): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template->send('sales@axisindus...', NULL, Array)
#1 /.../code/core/Mage/Contacts/controllers/IndexController.php(104): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template->sendTransactional('contacts_email_...', 'general', 'sales@axisindus...', NULL, Array)
#2 /.../code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Contacts_IndexController->postAction()
#3 /.../code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('post')
#4 /.../code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 /.../code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#6 /.../Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /..../trunk/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}

Go to

Admin > System > Transactional Emails

Add new template

Select contact form

Name it

In content

Name: {{var data.name}}
Email: {{var data.email}}
Phone: {{var data.telephone}}

Comment: {{var data.comment}}

then goto

Admin > System > Configuration >General > Contacts