cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Manager addToCart dataLayer Event Doesn't Fire

Tag Manager addToCart dataLayer Event Doesn't Fire

Hi, 

Currently preparing a 1.9 to 2.2 Magento 2(.2.2) Commerce (EE) switch. For getting Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce data through Tag Manager and the store's dataLayer, I've followed these steps:

http://docs.magento.com/m2/ee/user_guide/marketing/google-tag-manager.html

This mostly works but I'm not getting the addToCart event firing. Which is rather essential not only for GA EE but also for the FB Pixel etc. 

Whether I have Stores > Settings > Configurations > Sales > Checkout > Shopping Cart > "After Adding a Product Redirect to Shopping Cart" set to Yes or No, neither in the GTM Preview, nor on the developer console do I see the addToCart event firing even though productImpression and productDetail events etc. work fine. 

Does this event fire in your 2.2.2. Magento 2 Commerce store? What could be preventing it to fire for us? Any pointers for debugging? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Tag Manager addToCart dataLayer Event Doesn't Fire

I have the same issue.

Did you solve it?

I am facing exactly same problem - add to cart event is not firing in data layer

In my case i have ajax cart pro installed, soy had to customize it like the native add to cart to fire that event.

Magento 2.2.3

Any updates to this? actually, I am not sure why Magento has fired the event only for cart redirect enabled? I am trying to find if it should be fired somewhere else but with no success, anyone has any findings on this?
@johan_t. you mentioned the same config, did you come to my conclusion or why did you try to change its value to yes/no for checking the event?

Stores > Settings > Configurations > Sales > Checkout > Shopping Cart > After Adding a Product Redirect to Shopping Cart

I'm facing the same issue with Magento 2 website.