cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Swatch Setting Causing Color Attribute to Display in Products Tab

SOLVED

Visual Swatch Setting Causing Color Attribute to Display in Products Tab

I'm running Magento 2.0.6 and I'm running into a possible bug. When the color attribute is set to Dropdown everything looks great, but if I change the style to Visual Swatch it causes the Color Attribute to display under the "More Information" tab on every product! Even products that don't have the color attribute have the default color displayed. Is this a bug?

Screen-Shot-2016.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Visual Swatch Setting Causing Color Attribute to Display in Products Tab

I believe I've figured out my own problem.

I've figured out what you do is take the color attribute and remove it from the "default" attribute set. Create a new attribute set and add color to the new attribute set. Select that attribute set only for the products that have the need for the color attribute. Now you have your color attributes added to the product and yet it doesn't display under the "more information" tab.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Visual Swatch Setting Causing Color Attribute to Display in Products Tab

I believe I've figured out my own problem.

I've figured out what you do is take the color attribute and remove it from the "default" attribute set. Create a new attribute set and add color to the new attribute set. Select that attribute set only for the products that have the need for the color attribute. Now you have your color attributes added to the product and yet it doesn't display under the "more information" tab.