cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid password for user registered during checkout

SOLVED

invalid password for user registered during checkout

I'm on a CE 1.9.3.1 with SUPEE 9652.

The password sent in the new account confirmation email is blank. Moreover, if the customer attempts to login, the error message "Invalid login or password" is displayed.

I tried what's suggested here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42398805/password-invalid-for-customer-created-during-checkout 

The modification of AccountController.php didn’t helped.

However, commenting

$this->setData('password', null); 

in Mage\Customer\Model\Customer.php

solved half of the problem, as customer created with the "register" button receive the password and can login, but not the customer registered during checkout. The "check out created customer" lands in “My account” after the purchase but can't log again once logged-off (until he sets a new password with forgot password button).

I thought it was relative to my theme, so I deleted all files in: /app/design/forontend/my_theme_package/my_theme_name/template

But I'm still facing the same issue.

I'm thinking that the password set during checkout is somehow wrongly stored.

Anyone having an idea how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: invalid password for user registered during checkout

Got it!

The system.log file was displaying:

Warning: mcrypt_generic_init(): Key size is 0  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 94
Warning: mcrypt_generic_init(): Key length incorrect  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 94
Warning: mcrypt_generic_deinit(): 495 is not a valid MCrypt resource  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 135
Warning: mcrypt_module_close(): 495 is not a valid MCrypt resource  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcr

The problem was that the encryption field was empty in app/etc/local.xml

<crypt>
    <key><![CDATA[]]></key>
</crypt>

So, I placed the encryption key of the fresh installation I did in my subfolder and it solved the issue.

<crypt>
    <key><![CDATA[encryption_key]]></key>
</crypt>

I don't know what happened during the first installation of Magento on my server, I've double checked in my backups and there's nothing here from the beginning.

I hope nothing else has failed during installation, any suggestion of files generated during installation I should look at to be sure that nothing else might be missing?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anyone else facing this issue?

Any idea/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Got it!

The system.log file was displaying:

Warning: mcrypt_generic_init(): Key size is 0  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 94
Warning: mcrypt_generic_init(): Key length incorrect  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 94
Warning: mcrypt_generic_deinit(): 495 is not a valid MCrypt resource  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 135
Warning: mcrypt_module_close(): 495 is not a valid MCrypt resource  in /lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcr

The problem was that the encryption field was empty in app/etc/local.xml

<crypt>
    <key><![CDATA[]]></key>
</crypt>

So, I placed the encryption key of the fresh installation I did in my subfolder and it solved the issue.

<crypt>
    <key><![CDATA[encryption_key]]></key>
</crypt>

I don't know what happened during the first installation of Magento on my server, I've double checked in my backups and there's nothing here from the beginning.

I hope nothing else has failed during installation, any suggestion of files generated during installation I should look at to be sure that nothing else might be missing?