cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." Error Magento 1.9.2

"You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." Error Magento 1.9.2

Hello,

Earlier today I tried logging in into my admin account but I couldn't. Out of the blue I started receiving this error on the admin login page: "You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled."

Please can anyone help me restore my admin account?

Magento version 1.9.2

25 REPLIES 25

Re: "You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." Error Magento

Hi @Daniel_BPT,

If you have access to your database and you know a little bit about SQL, you can run this query:

UPDATE admin_user SET password = md5('YOUR_NEW_SELECTED_PASSWORD'), is_active = 1 WHERE username = 'your_username_name';

Replace the username and set your password. That should work.

Re: "You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." Error Magento

Thanks for your reply Damian.

The query worked, but unfortunately it didn't unlock my account. I'm still getting the same error. Any other ideas?

You said Magento 1.9.2 so I guess is Magento CE, right?

Maybe some problem with cookies?

The error message comes from app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Session.php, line 142.

Maybe you can debug a little bit to get the real exception message.

we had magento 1.9.1.0 i just uploaded magento 1.9.3.4 and overwritten  all files.  at first i was able to login in admin but after activating formkey setting i can't login anymore.

by debuging the session file i came across that the user object is empty.

/** @var $user Mage_Admin_Model_User */

$user = $this->_factory->getModel('admin/user');

$user->login($username, $password);

$user->getId() gives NULL

by debugging even further i came across this :

app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/User.php 

public function authenticate($username, $password){

Mage::helper('core')->validateHash($password, $this->getPassword())   this returns false back.

changed password with n98 magerun  and could login again.

I am having the same issue, did you find a solution for this?

As some users said change password usqing sql or n98-magerun command admin:user:change-password to change password.

I've just the same issue and after changing passwording using n98-magerun command in console (you need to have installed n98-magerun)

I was facing the same issue

If you have Cpanel, go to: 
/public_html/var/brute-force.ini

You'll see some numbers there...

Replace it with 0 (Zero)

Save it. 

Clear the website cache and session at:

public_html/var/cache

If you have the file "session" clear it at

public_html/var/session

If you have file "report", clear it also...

public_html/var/report

If you don't have access using cPanel, use FTP, I use

FileZilla...

Clear cache on your browser and try again

If it does not solve, try to login using a different browser.

In my case, I was using Chrome and I couldn't login, so 

I have tried using Firefox, it worked and after that, it worked

in Chrome too.

Try to check lock_expires column on table admin_user. If this column has a date, the user is not able to login on admin system.

The domain cookie can sometimes cause this.

Delete the cookie from your browser for the domain and refresh the page.

This normally occurs if domain cookie has not been set in the configuration or sometimes if you've picked up a php_session cookie for the domain.