cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Swatches

Configurable Swatches

I am trying to add swatches to a configurable product, which i was successful in doing however, clicking on a swatch colour does not change the product image. On the category view the swatches work, example, when the colour green is selected, the image will change to an image associated with that colour, this works perfectly on category view but does not work on product view. Also, adding an amount in super attributes for configurable products or custom options for simple products, when selected this does not change the products base price. The price remains the same. I did not have this issue with previous Magento versions, i am currently having this problem with Magento 1.9.3

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Configurable Swatches

Hello.

Make sure that you have got image assigned to each associated simple product belonging to configurable and flush swatch image cache.

Here is also the article with the things to check when swatches do not work -
https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/case-studies/magento-swatches-do-not-work-here-are-thing...

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hello.

I have tried adding images to the simple associated products also, but it still does not work, i added images to the associated simple products also adding a color label to the image. The swatch switch works fine on category view but it does not work on product view. With previous versions of Magento i have not experienced this problem so i am not sure what i am doing wrong as the swatches are working (on category view) but just not on product view. I have flushed the swatch image cache but still no joy. I need to know why it is not working on product view. It does the same with custom options for a simple product, price mark up does not change the base price of that product on product view, which also worked fine on previous versions of Magento. Please help me with a solution for these problems.

Thank You

Hi

Please advise on my response. The swatches still do not change the image when selected. It works fine on Category View, but it does not work on Product View. So, it is working but on Product View it does not seem to work. I have created swatches without a problem on previous versions so please help me.

Hi,

Check on the product page if you have any JavaScript errors in the dev console.

The theme might have failed to load some required files like product_options.js or product_media.js which would cause this behaviour.

Cheers
Shadi

Hi

Thank you for your response, i'm not sure now to do this or how to rectify it, can you please explain further.

Thanks

Hi,

Open a product page on which you are having a problem with, then depending on your browser, open the Dev Tools:

Opera = Ctrl+Shift+C or F12

Chrome = Ctrl+Shift+I or F12

Google for others..

In the Dev Tools, switch to "Console" tab, and check if there are any Javascript errors.

Take a screenshot if any and share with us.

Cheers

Hi,

I have attached a screen shot

Is this it?

Swatches don't work on any of the product pages, only on category view. Please help

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 2.06.38 PM.png

Hi,

Sorry but the image is not showing up.

If you could re-attach it, and perhaps post a link to a product page online, it would be helpful perhaps pinpointing the problem.

Cheers